One of the most common places to get smoke odors trapped in is your car’s AC vents. The smell can stay for years because of all the little places for it to hide in.
The good news is that we have the solution to the smelly vents!
1. The first thing you want to do when getting rid of smoke odors from your car’s vents is to replace the in-cabin air filter.
2. The next step will involve you having the car engine on in an open outdoor area with the AC on full blast. Make sure you have the AC on recirculate.
3. Grab some Odoban or any other odor-fighting spray and spray it into the intake of the car’s vent system. The intake is usually on the passenger side on the floor of the vehicle. The Odoban or any other type of spray will eliminate cigarette smoke smell from your car vents by getting deep into the places you can’t reach.
- If you don’t have a can of Odoban spray, then pick up some Lysol from your local store and use that instead. The goal is to kill the bacteria that causes the smells.
- You can find some Odor Bombs that will allow you to flush out the smell using a can that sprays continuously until it runs out. This can be very effective but requires the odor bomb to sit in the car overnight. Make sure you follow the direction on the odor bomb can.
- Like with anything in life, it may require time and you to repeat the process many times before you see noticeable results from your car’s vents.